THREAD: How to get NAT-Type Open! [TUT]
  1. 11-20-2010, 07:55 PM
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Alot of people don't know this little, easy trick so I thought I would explain it (Sorry if i have bad grammar im not english)

First u need Modern Warfare 2.
    1. Load up Modern Warfare 2 and go the the multiplayer screen where you can see your nat-type which it should say is open.

2. Press eject on the PS3 so the game ends and put Black Ops in it.
    Do not turn off or reset your ps3 after ejecting MW2.

3. Go now to Multiplayer --> Options Screen and press select, it should stay open and you can play with friends.

This works for me every time! Probaly MW2 opens these ports so that Black Ops can use them once you swap over.

Hope I helped you guys with this, give me some feedback please!
  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indy1995 For This Useful Post:

, ,

3. 11-21-2010, 11:45 AM
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ukimpact View Post
    this changes from different setups so it wont work for everyone ..

wait he isnt even talking about nat he talking about the party privacy black ops has nothing about nat open or 1 2 3 , nat is on the ps3 which is prob nat 2 which means connected to the internet through a router if ps3 of course .
    you would only get a open nat 1 if you are directly connected to the internet no matter what you do most of the time you would only have nat 2 which is fine .

what you want to do is put your ps3 in a dmz or open or the ports on your router in any case there more threads on here for you to do that .

the only (open) words on black ops means party settings press select to change

Yes, but if your router doesn't support DMZ (like mine) u can't do that so that's why im using this easy little trick
  4. 11-21-2010, 11:50 AM
    gola
    OVER 9000!
    gola
    OVER 9000!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ukimpact View Post
    this changes from different setups so it wont work for everyone ..

wait he isnt even talking about nat he talking about the party privacy black ops has nothing about nat open or 1 2 3 , nat is on the ps3 which is prob nat 2 which means connected to the internet through a router if ps3 of course .
    you would only get a open nat 1 if you are directly connected to the internet no matter what you do most of the time you would only have nat 2 which is fine .

what you want to do is put your ps3 in a dmz or open or the ports on your router in any case there more threads on here for you to do that .

the only (open) words on black ops means party settings press select to change

It seems right but it's wrong, nat type determines on what can connect to what, having moderate or strict nat types means theres something wrong with your connection so it can only connect with people with the same, or lower nat types e.g moderate with moderate and open people.
  5. 11-21-2010, 12:38 PM
    Tazox94
    Are you high?
    Tazox94
    Are you high?
    NextGenUpdate
    Nay type has nothing to do with this. To open the ports just configure your router where it says Port Forwarding to open ports. To have a nay type 2 you have to open the UDP Port 3478 and have a static IP
  6. 11-21-2010, 01:21 PM
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    indy1995
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tazox94 View Post
    Nay type has nothing to do with this. To open the ports just configure your router where it says Port Forwarding to open ports. To have a nay type 2 you have to open the UDP Port 3478 and have a static IP

Maybe, but i can't open my ports on my router so this is good for me and alot of other peopleHappy
  7. 11-21-2010, 08:24 PM
    deJ
    EmPureFine
    deJ
    EmPureFine
    NextGenUpdate
    works great for me Happy cheers
  8. The Following User Thanked deJ For This Useful Post:

9. 11-22-2010, 04:47 AM
    Icy
    Do a barrel roll!
    Icy
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    I was playing MW2 2 days ago with strict NAT type then i switched to black ops and went into a few different wager match lobbies.

Every single time it would select me as host even though my connection is terrible and i had strict nat type....
  10. 12-24-2010, 10:21 PM
    johnw6619
    Vault dweller
    johnw6619
    Vault dweller
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by indy1995 View Post
    Alot of people don't know this little, easy trick so I thought I would explain it (Sorry if i have bad grammar im not english)

First u need Modern Warfare 2.
    1. Load up Modern Warfare 2 and go the the multiplayer screen where you can see your nat-type which it should say is open.

2. Press eject on the PS3 so the game ends and put Black Ops in it.
    Do not turn off or reset your ps3 after ejecting MW2.

3. Go now to Multiplayer --> Options Screen and press select, it should stay open and you can play with friends.

This works for me every time! Probaly MW2 opens these ports so that Black Ops can use them once you swap over.

Hope I helped you guys with this, give me some feedback please!

thanks bro this really helped Happy
  11. 12-24-2010, 10:32 PM
    Superdry▪
    極度乾燥(しなさい
    Superdry▪
    極度乾燥(しなさい
    NextGenUpdate
    Thank you very much :)