THREAD: How do you fix Fan on Ps4 ?
  1. 07-23-2016, 09:17 AM
    AppleXDevice
    Bounty hunter
    AppleXDevice
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    How do I fix my fan from ps4 Being loud Asf please help thank you in advance what is the purpose of fan being like that
  2. 07-23-2016, 12:19 PM
    tim1292
    Little One
    tim1292
    Little One
    NextGenUpdate
    Mine only makes a lot of noise if its really warm 28+ Celcius
  3. 07-26-2016, 06:08 AM
    irekthoessss
    Bounty hunter
    irekthoessss
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by AppleXDevice View Post
    How do I fix my fan from ps4 Being loud Asf please help thank you in advance what is the purpose of fan being like that

Clean out the fan and heatsink with a can of compressed air. Put PS4 back together... Turned on the console and play a game for an hour to test... NO MORE LOUD SOUNDING PS4. Back to being whisper quiet, just like when you first purchase if.

You must login or register to view this content.

Hope the problem gets fixed, enjoy!

If out of warrantee, watch video on how to open PS4 (super simple) then clean fan and heatsink with can of compressed air. Problem solved... Super quiet PS4.

Entire process took about 10 to 15 minutes tops. Makes your PS4 quiet again and lowers the amount of internal heat the dust was trapping inside (this is why the fans kick up in speed and volume, as the internal PS4 temperature heats up rapidly due to dust so the fans have to work harder to draw air into and thru dust to cool console down).
  4. 07-27-2016, 01:23 AM
    Jincos
    Do a barrel roll!
    Jincos
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    Is your PS4 a launch model? If so, they're prone to being a lot more loud than the new SKUs. If your warranty is expires I recommend that you open it up and clean the fan.

Here's a tutorial I found: You must login or register to view this content.

Also, I recommend that you put a fan next to the PS4 to keep the air around it circulating. That helped my PS4 not sound as loud.