THREAD: Swapping PS3 on Rebug D-REX 4.81 (Toronto, ON, Canada: in person only, no shipping)
  1. 05-11-2017, 01:07 PM
    SiggiJG
    Haxor!
    SiggiJG
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    I have a PS3 Fat CECHL01 running Custom Firmware Rebug D-REX 4.81.

Thermal paste replaced with arctic silver 5, and the paste has already run it's 200 hour curing time.

The original IDPS is banned from PSN, so I will provide unbanned IDPS and PSID for you to use and I can set it up for you after formatting the HDD if you like, provided that the console you're giving me is not banned.

Will swap for PS3 Slim ($40 negotiable if not jailbroken, or no charge if jailbroken) the model must be CECH-2001A/B, CECH-2101A/B, or CECH-2501A/B with minver of 3.55 or lower.

(You keep your controller and hard disk, I keep my controller and hard disk, which means the hard disks will need to switch places when we swap our consoles)

If you're in Toronto, ON, or some distance towards the east of Toronto, feel free to PM me here on NGU, Skype siggi-jg, or text/call 613 970 3688. I will not ship the console, we'll have to meet in person to do the swap.

Couple scratches, other than that, functions flawlessly.

You must login or register to view this content.
    Last edited by SiggiJG ; 05-13-2017 at 12:30 AM.

2. 05-11-2017, 03:07 PM
    Jon Snow
    Di DonDadda
    Jon Snow
    Di DonDadda
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SiggiJG View Post
    I have a PS3 Fat CECHL01 running Custom Firmware Rebug D-REX 4.81. (Console's original IDPS is banned from PSN, so I will provide unbanned IDPS and PSID for you to use and I can set it up for you after formatting the HDD if you like, provided that the console you're giving me is not banned.)

Will swap at no charge, for PS3 Slim (jailbroken or not jailbroken doesn't matter, I'm gonna open the thing up anyway, so I'll have a chance to flash it, but the model must be CECH-2001A/B or CECH-2101A/B)

(You keep your controller and hard disk, I keep my controller and hard disk, which means the hard disks will need to switch places when we swap our consoles)

If you're in Toronto, ON, or some distance towards the east of Toronto, feel free to PM me here on NGU, Skype siggi-jg, or text/call 613 970 3688. I will not ship the console, we'll have to meet in person to do the swap.

Is there anything else wrong with the console ??
  3. 05-11-2017, 03:23 PM
    irekthoessss
    Bounty hunter
    irekthoessss
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Phat's are the most known to Overheat, and etc.

I'd make sure the paste and what not has been changed.
  4. 05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
    SiggiJG
    Haxor!
    SiggiJG
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Originally Posted by BulletClub View Post
    Phat's are the most known to Overheat, and etc.

I'd make sure the paste and what not has been changed.

I put in Arctic Silver 5. The only problem I have with it is that it's large. There are some scratches on it, but it functionality is flawless.
    Last edited by SiggiJG ; 05-11-2017 at 10:14 PM.

5. 05-21-2017, 03:51 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SiggiJG View Post
    I have a PS3 Fat CECHL01 running Custom Firmware Rebug D-REX 4.81.

Thermal paste replaced with arctic silver 5, and the paste has already run it's 200 hour curing time.

The original IDPS is banned from PSN, so I will provide unbanned IDPS and PSID for you to use and I can set it up for you after formatting the HDD if you like, provided that the console you're giving me is not banned.

Will swap for PS3 Slim ($40 negotiable if not jailbroken, or no charge if jailbroken) the model must be CECH-2001A/B, CECH-2101A/B, or CECH-2501A/B with minver of 3.55 or lower.

Couple scratches, other than that, functions flawlessly.

You must login or register to view this content.

Overheating will be an issue tho make sure u have sped up the fan so it sits under 70%

My PS3 is A Phat and It Use Too Overheat A Lot Happy But i used webMAN and sped the fan up too 30% - 35% and it sits around 60 Degrees

If you dont have webMAN go too Rebug Toolbox, go right on D/PAD, Enable Cobra Mode, Enable webMAN which is right at the bottom

then restart the console

Computer Method:
    Open A Web Browser
    Type in your PS3 IP Address ETC. 192.168.1.5(Public IP or if Eithernet connected and using TMAPI Use your Debug IP Which Mine Is 10.1.1.2)
    Go Too You must login or register to view this content.
    Then Enable dynamic fan control
    Then Click Manual and put a fan speed in there - 30% too 35%

PS3 Method:
    Go too:
    webMAN Games
    webMAN Set up
    PS3 webMAN[Setup]
    Setup
    Then Enable Dynamic Fan Control And then click manual and then put the fan speed to 30 or 35 and scroll to the bottom and click save and restart console and ur notice a difference