THREAD: help with my cfw ps3
  1. 03-05-2014, 11:22 PM
    JamesR95
    Do a barrel roll!
    JamesR95
    Do a barrel roll!
    NextGenUpdate
    Hello NGU, I have received a cfw ps3 today from ebay. however it has no disk drive. I try to open apps such as fan utility, mulitiman, reactpsn etc. I load each app and I get a black screen. I also notice my HDD stops flashing, can anyone help me with it? I have a spare disk drive and I put it in the cfw ps3 and the blue light comes on and ejects disks but the disks wont spin. I tested the drive on my ofw ps3 and it works perfect. Any help/ solutions would be helpful Smile
  2. 03-06-2014, 12:42 AM
    ABWK
    Haxor!
    ABWK
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Sounds like you got ripped off
  3. 03-06-2014, 04:36 PM
    MEGALELZ
    Former Site Developer
    MEGALELZ
    Former Site Developer
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by james2013uk View Post
    Hello NGU, I have received a cfw ps3 today from ebay. however it has no disk drive. I try to open apps such as fan utility, mulitiman, reactpsn etc. I load each app and I get a black screen. I also notice my HDD stops flashing, can anyone help me with it? I have a spare disk drive and I put it in the cfw ps3 and the blue light comes on and ejects disks but the disks wont spin. I tested the drive on my ofw ps3 and it works perfect. Any help/ solutions would be helpful Smile

Send it back. You can do basically nothing with a CFW without a disk drive, and the hard drive sounds broken to me.
  4. 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM
    libra7ry
    I’m too L33T
    libra7ry
    I’m too L33T
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by james2013uk View Post

With some older models it is required for a blu-ray in order to run homebrew or you will get a black screen when running them. With some older models you can just swap the blu-ray and expect it to work No No
    You need to remarry the new drive bro. You will have to downgrade to 3.55 and then remarry the drive with the appropriate files and a FSM dongle.

Here is a little tut on how to remarry: You must login or register to view this content.
  5. 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM
    libra7ry
    I’m too L33T
    libra7ry
    I’m too L33T
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Laim View Post
    Send it back. You can do basically nothing with a CFW without a disk drive, and the hard drive sounds broken to me.

I believe the HDD is fine since the PS3 does get to XMB and he is able to install homebrews. Unfortunately, the HDD stops flickering, after running the homebrew, because of the missing blu-ray. :cry: