THREAD: Opinions on Star Wars Battlefront
  1. 02-15-2015, 04:37 AM
    FR0STBYTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    FR0STBYTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    I was wondering what your guy's opinion is about the new Star Wars Battlefront coming out. I was a really big fan of battlefront when I was a kid but once ps3 came out and all I switched to COD and BF. I really hope they don't ruin this game because battlefront was one of my favorite later childhood games.
  2. The Following User Thanked FR0STBYTE For This Useful Post:

3. 02-15-2015, 11:50 PM
    Kitnix
    Kitnix
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    Battlefront 1 & 2 were both one of the best games I have ever played. I owned both on the PS2 and had so much enjoyment playing, even though I didn't have online. I really hope they don't ruin this one too! They need to think very carefully on how they make it, as a lot of games let me down these days... What's your opinion on it?
  4. The Following User Thanked Kitnix For This Useful Post:

5. 02-23-2015, 11:39 AM
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by FR0STBYTE View Post
    I was wondering what your guy's opinion is about the new Star Wars Battlefront coming out. I was a really big fan of battlefront when I was a kid but once ps3 came out and all I switched to COD and BF. I really hope they don't ruin this game because battlefront was one of my favorite later childhood games.

This game is the only reason I bought next generation. I LOVE both original battlefronts for PS2 and could play them for hours, like you I really hope EA doesn't fuck it up as that would be a HUGE let down for having to wait all this time for it. But with the new frost engine it's going to be on it should be nice. I think it would be cool to have the option to play in either 3rd or 1st person
  6. The Following User Thanked Black Panther For This Useful Post:

7. 02-28-2015, 06:59 PM
    FR0STBYTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    FR0STBYTE
    Climbing up the ladder
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Black View Post
    This game is the only reason I bought next generation. I LOVE both original battlefronts for PS2 and could play them for hours, like you I really hope EA doesn't fuck it up as that would be a HUGE let down for having to wait all this time for it. But with the new frost engine it's going to be on it should be nice. I think it would be cool to have the option to play in either 3rd or 1st person

I do think the game will be really nice at least graphic wise. With the budget they have and the time they are taking to build it I don't see why it shouldn't look nice. Also the option between 1st and 3rd person would be sweet! I heard that they are bringing back the hero system from battlefront 2 and there will be space to ground battles so hopefully those are true.
  8. 02-28-2015, 10:16 PM
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    ResistTheSun
    <span style="background:url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/amtgtv.jpg);font-weight:bold;color:black;">In Flames Much?</span>
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by FR0STBYTE View Post

DICE + EA = low hopes

Hope proof of concept was completed first before we found out this game was in production. From what I can remember the game was rather fun.
    Looking forward to what the team can do Smile

Little curious on the scale of the game.
  9. 02-28-2015, 10:19 PM
    Stunz
    Former Staff
    Stunz
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    I've never been much of a star wars fan in all honesty, might give it ago though.
  10. 08-08-2015, 12:41 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    yh looks good