THREAD: Red Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 File Size And Pre-Load Date Revealed
  1. 10-17-2018, 03:04 PM
    Wosley
    Discord: Wosley#0001
    Wosley
    Discord: Wosley#0001
    NextGenUpdate
    You must login or register to view this content.

After reports that Red Dead Redemption 2 would weigh a massive 105 GB when it launches, quite recently, the game’s page on the Microsoft store confirmed that its file size – at least on the Xbox One – would instead be 88.57 GB. Which is still pretty hefty, to be fair, but seems measly in comparison to the previously reported figure.

Now, the game’s details have also been updated on its PlayStation Store page (the console version, not the website), and it too falls in that same ballpark, as you may have expected, at 89.2 GB. The 105 GB number reported earlier might still come into play later on- perhaps it takes into account 4K textures (after all, the figure was first spotted on the game’s PS4 Pro bundle), while it’s also possible that the larger number also includes Red Dead Online, which doesn’t actually launch till November.

Or maybe there’s going to be a huge day one patch. Either way, when Red Dead Redemption 2 launches, it’l weigh 88.57 GB on the Xbox One, and 89.2 GB on the PS4. We also now know when you will be able to pre-load the game (at least on the PS4). Pre-load will be available starting October 22nd.

Red Dead Redemption 2 launches on October 26 for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Source:*You must login or register to view this content.
  2. 10-18-2018, 11:12 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    All things considered 100 GB isn't TOO big. Isn't that what Black Ops 4 is around too? Can only imagine how big it'll get though with DLC coming out for online lol

I heard it's meant to be coming out on 2 discs... could be wrong. 100GB is nothing compared to the amount of graphics/sound etc that has gone into this game. When you compare it to BO4.. makes you wonder what the fuck bo4 has that's worth near that size Dikbuttttt
  3. 10-19-2018, 08:14 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    COD is notorious these days for terrible download sizes, even the DLC is horrible. And that wouldnt surprise me with two discs but how would it work for console lol, that must be a first? GTA 5 on the PC was 7 discs lol

That's insane.. yeah cod is horrific for it.. I un-installed ww2 few months back.. took up 90GB... all I wanted to do was play zombies.. remove that and install BF1 at 60gb (roughly).. that's a sweet and better deal Smile

For RDR2, not entirely sure.. not sure if we have to have both disc's installed at the same time to play.. or one disc being Single Player and one for MP ? Industry size for blue ray size is 50GB... unless they have made an edition for Rockstar?